- New Hampshire continues to host one of the oldest falls prevention statewide coalitions in the country called the NH Falls Task Force. The Task Force meets monthly and all are welcome
- Integrating falls screening in community health centers, community organizations and primary care practices.
- Sponsoring an annual conference and three 1-hour educational sessions over the course of the year on the latest fall prevention research and initiatives for professionals. Please contact us for a copy of this year's presentations.
- Promote evidence based falls prevention programming. In New Hampshire we are highlighting two programs proven to reduce falls and decrease fear of falling called Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balance® and A Matter of Balance. The Task Force has collaborated with the Foundation for Healthy Communities, the Dartmouth Health Centers for Health and Aging and public health networks to support these programs with grants.
- Collaborating with the Injury Prevention Center at Dartmouth Health to host a website with information for older adults, caregivers and professionals
- Collaborating with Dartmouth Health Centers for Health and Aging to provide a falls prevention network hub to coordinate referrals from healthcare providers, community Screens and older adults into evidence based programs